Tuesday 19 July 2011

Week 2

I have just read the "School libraries work!" article and have been reflecting on how the school library has influenced my achievement at school. To begin with I was very skeptical of the article's findings. I did quite well at school but had to think long and hard to even bring up a visual picture of my high school library! I cannot recall a single instance of actually borrowing a book from there!
I then thought back to my primary school library and immediately, the article made sense! I can remember the librarian explicitly teaching us study methods, keywords and note taking tips. I still use these to this day and these skills have, without a doubt, enabled me to achieve success at school and encouraged me to become a lifelong learner! Thank you Mrs Pym!

No comments:

Post a Comment